ELVIS & OLIVE DISCUSSION GUIDE
After reading Elvis & Olive, use these questions to start a discussion in your classroom or book club. There are no right or wrong answers!
- What does Natalie gain from being Annie’s friend?
- What does Annie gain from being Natalie’s friend?
- Why does Annie lie? Why does Natalie want to believe her?
- Have you ever had a fight with a best friend? Can fights ever be a good thing for a friendship?
- How Natalie and Annie’s spying help the neighbors? How does it hurt them?
- When is it a good idea to tell secrets, and when is it best to keep them?
- What are some of the different ways this story could have ended?